Sunday, January 15, 2017

First

I'll stop being the first to make the efforts and watch you forget my existence.

I'll give you space hoping you'll close the distance easing my despair...

I'll stand at a distance watching my absence remain unaffecting.

You'll no longer crave my presence or care to search for me, placing me in your front view no more...

Everything you said was fleeting, and it'll hit me then.

I'll pull my roots out as you don't realize it. I'll watch you looking straight ahead not seeming to care.

That's when you'll wake up wondering where I went.

I'll be a world away not trying to show you the hole you left.

I won't listen to the begging voice in my head wishing you'd wanted me to stay, because you didn't care from the moment I stood up to walk away...

No comments:

Post a Comment